- Franchise owner David Blackham began his career with Blackham Real Estate in 1979.
- In 1991 Blackham Real Estate became a member of the Harcourts Group.
- In the late 1990's Dick Blackham retired.
- In 2000 Wayne Boote became a partner and a new company was formed "Blackham Boote Real Estate Limited" a member of the Harcourts Group.
- In April 2008 Wayne had another opportunity and he and his family have just shifted to Australia.
- In March 2011, Riley Blackham, David's youngest son joined the business as a property manager.
- In 2015 Along side the rebranding of Harcourts, Blackham Boote Real Estate Ltd changed their name to Blackham & Co Real Estate Ltd.
- In 2017 Blackham & Co opened up a new office in Oamaru
- We have South Canterbury covered with offices in Timaru, Geraldine, Temuka, Waimate and Oamaru.